Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How I Asked My Bridesmaids

As I said before in a few posts I feel a little guilty that my wedding will be in Arizona because pretty much our entire guest list has to travel. That's right, we are having a destination wedding in...Arizona. Ha! 

That being said, I wanted to ask my girls in such a special way that they feel loved that they don't care (as much) about how much money they are about to commit to spending. And luckily my wedding is taking place after Pinterest came about, so I have a wealth of ideas at my fingertips (with beautiful photos to boot)! 

I knew I wanted to send each girl an individualised package, but I wasn't sure how I was going to ask them. Then I came across these cute poems and decided to borrow bits and recruited a very talented friend to help me personalise it to my wedding. This is what we came up with:


The day, the dress,
The couple, the guests,
the smiles, the vows
And everything that wows

Expressing true love to my husband-to-be
with family and friends all watching me

Hope the sun will be shining down
and that I will fit into my gown!

Now I know it’s a big ask
For you to hop on a plane
But if you weren’t there
The day would really be lame

For you to be here on this special day
It would truly make my heart sway
And who knows which one of you will catch the bouquet

I had seen a lot of prints on Etsy connecting 2 states with hearts to represent where each person lived. I thought that was super cute, so I decided to use that for the front of the card.  I drew in the dotted line to connect the 2 locales and it turned out looking like this:



So then on the back of the card I put the poem.  But I thought it looked a little boring so I decided to fade a photo in the background (tutorial here).  It ended up looking really cool.


Originally Andrew and I wanted to get married in Hawaii. Unfortunately, my grandparents didn't want to make the trek there which put a kabosh on our plans. But through that process I became obsessed with creating luggage tags as our save the dates. Obviously we didn't have the money for that, but I couldn't put it out of my mind. Luckily that idea popped back up when I was thinking about how to ask my bridesmaids. Since all the girls have to travel (some farther than others) I figured a luggage tag would be an awesome gift.




You can check out the luggage tag tutorial here

To top off the whole thing I threw in some chocolate Kisses to sweeten the deal!





Since the packages I got were just a tad too small for the card (just my luck, right?) I decided to wrap it in scroll form with some pretty glittery ribbon.


This is how it came out!  What do you think?




And off in the mail they went!


4 comments:

  1. Aww what a cute and creative way to ask your girlfriends to be bridesmaids... I'm pretty sure I'd shed a few tears if one of my friends were to send me a package like this. So lovely!!
    xo Andrea
    Wonderful and Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! It was so fun making these. All the girls loved them. :)

      Delete
  2. wow, this is a super cute idea!!
    all the best for you :)
    xo, Vicky

    www.gluehwurmi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete