Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Triathlon Training - June Schedule

Warning: Most posts will now likely have something to do with my training, so bare with me!

Well...I signed up for my second triathlon and first ever Olympic distance! This will certainly be a challenge for me! I will swim 1,500m, bike 40km, and run 10km - all distances that are much farther than I have ever done (and back to back no less).

So in order to prepare myself I have written up a training program for myself. I will be following this program from Beginner Triathlete (a great site for people who are new to triathlons). I will likely be modifying the program, but for now it suits my needs pretty well. 

Here's my programming for June.

The numbers in front of bike/swim/run represent minutes I need to train. For example, on the 15th I will be swimming for 40mins and running for 40mins. Weeks 2 and 3 will add on 10% and week 4 I'll decrease by 40%. CrossFit days are meant to be strength training, but I don't want to give up my CrossFit just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment