Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Marin County Triathlon

My dad and I competed in the Marin County Triathlon last year and somehow I managed to convince him to do it with me again this year!  The triathlon took place this past weekend and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  Andrew and I made our travel plans to fly out to spend the weekend with my parents and Saturday morning for the tri.  

Our plans were foiled (slightly) when I took a tumble on my bike on Thursday and banged up my knee.  It hurt like hell and Friday afternoon I decided to pull out of the tri last minute.  I was super bummed (and still am), but I was happy to play spectator and paparazzi to my dads accomplishment!  

The Sustainable Sports Foundation puts on this annual triathlon.
We didn't arrive in time to see my dad take off on the swim, but we were able to catch him right as he came out of the water!  Luckily I was able to get a good spot on the beach and snapped a couple quick photos of him.  



 Then there was a lot of waiting.  I wasn't able to snap any pictures of him while he was in the transition area (my lens wasn't nearly big enough) and we were standing in the wrong place to see him off on his bike ride!

Great sign I spotted right by the transition entrance!

These flags lined the pathways and went all the way to the finish line.
 Seriously there was a lot of waiting.  We had a good time though, laughing at my Aunt's hilarious stories!

My mom and Aunt Deirdre

My big brother Travis



And then dad came charging down the hill!


He was all smiles.
 Then we had more waiting until he came back around for the run.

Conservation Core was everywhere.  Definitely felt like we were in the Bay Area!
 And then came dad!  He couldn't stop smiling the whole time.

Last leg of the race!
My mom ended up chasing him down the path so she could get a photo of him!

Mom had to get the shot!
Deirdre and Andrew
Me and Andrew.
 And not soon after dad came through the finish line!

He actually finished 1:37, but the clock was started from the first round of people (my dad was one of the last).


All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment