Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 30 of Whole 30


I can't believe these 30 days are over - they went by so quickly! The beginning of this journey was not easy, but as the days ticked by it became increasingly easier to eat according to Whole 30. I know Andrew hated this whole process, but he was pretty well behaved through this whole thing (except for a few purposeful slip ups). Andrew can't be more excited about reintroducing bread and pasta back into his diet, me on the other hand, I think I will just do without. 

I'm actually finding eating strictly Paleo really easy, and freeing. It's easy because there's no guessing what I can and cannot eat. Meat, fruit, veggies, and nuts...that's pretty much it. If it has sugar in it, I can't have it. It's that simple. It's freeing because of the simplicity. I can't eat the same crap that I love eating. Cookies? No, can't have them. Cheese-its? No thanks, they aren't on the plan. 

Doing this for 30 days has really opened my eyes to see all of the crap that I would normally eat without even thinking about it! Not only that, but I feel great, I look great, and I lost 12 pounds! Just icing on the cake!

Shameless selfie because I actually did my hair today!

No comments:

Post a Comment