Monday, September 9, 2013

Closet Upgrade

Slowly but surely I'm going to make this little rental house our home, but I got a swift kick up the bum last week when my parents called to say they were coming to visit!  I don't know about you guys, but I work much better under pressure, so I saw this as the perfect opportunity to make a few changes in our house.

Mainly I just needed to do a general clean around the house.  Unfortunately our second bedroom has been used as a storage facility for all our crap, so that was the first thing that needed to be done.  I managed to purge the closet of 2 full garbage bags of give away clothes, and 2 full bags of trash!  After getting rid of all that junk I realized that the room is actually pretty nice, except for the horrible sliding closet doors.  They're so ugly and junky I had to get rid of them.

Horrible. Ugly. Had to go!
Luckily Liv came over and we made a Target run to get a few things I needed to upgrade the closet (as well as a few pieces for the rest of the house).  We wound up finding these curtains at a bargain so I jumped on it.  I wasn't sure how the colors were going to fit in with the bedroom (the owner has pink curtains on the windows...), but it actually came out rather nice.

I wasn't sure about the color at first, but it looks fabulous in the room!

Yay!  I love saving money!
In total, the whole thing cost only $35.  Not too bad for a quick upgrade!

Excuse the closet mess, still have to clean that up!

So much nicer than those ugly wood sliding doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment