Thursday, January 16, 2014

Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce


My friend is leaving for Mexico tomorrow so she surprised me with 2 bags full of fruits and veggies that she wasn't able to juice her way through. When I looked in the bags I saw that there were about 20 red apples...I don't have a fridge big enough to fit that many apples, let alone the other veggies. 

That's when I figured I should make some applesauce! I recently bought a crockpot so I figured I would give it a go in there. 

I peeled, cored, and chopped 8 apples (that's how many it took to fill my 6 qt crockpot). I threw in a pinch of salt and a helping of cinnamon and turned the crockpot on low for 6 hours. 

When the timer went off I didn't find the apples to be mushy enough, so I threw in a cup of water and put it on low for another 2 hours. It made about 7 cups of applesauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment